The Intervention Project for Nurses is now offering continuing education courses for the Mandatory “Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace”, Florida Statute: 64B9-5.014:3 requirements for only $10.00 each.
Directions to take course online:
- Register, choose your course and submit payment
- Once you have registered and paid for your course click login
- Click on courses to access the course you submitted payment for
- You must view the entire course/presentation before taking the quiz
- Once you have viewed the course you must take the quiz and receive a passing score of 70% or above to receive your continuing education credit
- If you have any questions regarding the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This training is to help ensure that all nurses have the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and take appropriate action when a colleague’s performance doesn’t meet professional and/or practice standards and may be harmful to patient safety.
Training includes how to:
- assess the level or risk
- determine the appropriate course of action
- clearly communicate concerns
- identify personal barriers to taking action
After you have submitted payment you will complete an online course and quiz. Upon Completion you will receive a certificate of completion. You must score a minimum of 70% on the quiz to receive a certificate of completion and credit via-cebroker.com
This training was developed specifically for nurses who are in or will be in the role of a Worksite Monitor. The content in this course builds upon what is learned in the Speak Up for Safety: Skills Training for Staff Nurses.
The training includes how to:
- assume the role and responsibilities of a worksite monitor
- implement specific strategies to monitor the licensee’s compliance with the Intervention Project for Nurses program
- recognize performance and impairment issues in the workplace.
In addition, the training includes how to take appropriate action and identify any barriers to performing the role and responsibilities of a worksite monitor.
The Impairment in the workplace presentation will meet the 2 hour continuing education requirements of Section 464.018, F.S. mandatory reporting law. Covered topics include:
64B9-5.014 Continuing Education on Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace
(1) Identifying the signs of impairment in the workplace;
(2) Employer initiatives to promote safety and provide assistance;
(3) The essential steps to make a report or referral;
(4) Mandatory reporting law, Section 464.018, F.S.;
(5) Treatment programs for impaired practitioners, Section 456.076, F.S.; and,
(6) Impairment treatment.
The mission of IPN is to ensure public health and safety by providing education, monitoring, and support to nurses in the State of Florida